File extension mz3
The most important xml configuration file for MegaZine3 and mz3Tool is the mz3 file, named after the filename extension “.mz3”.
Although the file extension is “.mz3” and not “.xml,” an mz3 file is a “correct” XML file.
Thanks to the MegaZine3-specific file extension name, these configuration / description files are easy to recognize and find.
Purpose of an mz3 file
The mz3 file describes the entire Mz3 book; with all the parameters that determine appearance and function.
To get an impression, one should look at such a file once in an editor.
xml and thus also mz3 files are pure text files that can be viewed and edited with any text editor.
Suitable XML editors
- Recommendation *: free editors do it for both
- Windows: “notepad ++”: https: //notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.5.9.html and “Sublime Text”: https: //www.sublimetext.com/3 as well
- MAC OSx: “Sublime Text”: https: //www.sublimetext.com/3
If necessary, any text editor and even browser can be used:
- Windows: WordPad, Word; Chrome, …
- MAC OSx: TextEdit, TextWrangler, Safari, …
Extract from a mz3 file
This is the first page of an Mz3 book.