sh2. Publish Mz3 book
If the Mz3 book is complete or a “real-life-test” is desired, the respective “Package” can be generated via this menu item.
First, the book is updated (like called via Commands – Update).
A “Package” combines all programs, configuration data, elements, settings, etc., needed to present the book.
Since MegaZine3 can be used in 2 program versions, also 2 different “packages” can be created.
The program variant can be selected in Basic Settings.
Once the package is built, two options are available:
- Open package in File Explorer / File Finder
All data can be uploaded “as is” to a server for publishing the book over the Internet to be viewed in every Browser
- Open the Package from the local disk via a local server in the default Browser.
For this, a local server like XAMPP must be installed and running.
Before publishing, you should check the status information presented above the Publish Button. The overview provides a summary of all used elements for a quick plausibility check:
- is the number of page images equal to the number of thumbnails?
- For a single Page Book: is the number of Page Images equal (single language) or n-times (n languages) the number of pages?
- For a double-page book: is the number of Page Images equal to half the number of (single) pages + 1?
- Are all languages listed?
- are all expected elements listed?
Here you see, that more Page Images than needed are available: 66 instead of 20.
This should be avoided so unused Page Images do not increase the Package SIze without providing any value.
This can be achieved in clicking the Button in the Manage Elements window.
The progress of the publishing process is displayed as usual in the status window. Depending on the size and content of the book, this may take a few seconds.
Open Package Folder .
The next step is uploading all the content of the package to the server (see Server Upload).
Usually, mz3Tool detects a XAMPP installation and sets the Publish Path accordingly and presents the Button.(see Local server for details).
- A working and running XAMPP Installation
- Publish Path set to xampp/htdocs
- Apache was started in the XAMPP Control Panel
Once the Zip-package is built, the folder where it was saved can be opened in Explorer/Finder. For a first test a double click on the mz3z-file will open the book in mz3Viewer (as long as the mz3z-file extension is linked with the mz3Viewer App.
To present the book in mz3Viewer two requirements have to be met:
- mz3Viewer must be installed
Anyone can download and install this free program from our website.
mz3Viewer is available as Windows 10 and MAC OSx Variante.
The Android and iOS version actually is put on hold.
We are planning a completely new version using a new platform. Once that happens, those platforms will be supported again.
- Mz3 book as ZIP package
All data needed by the mz3Viewer is “packaged” as a standard ZIP file during the “Publish” process.
This ZIP-Package has a specific folder structure and therefore also a special extension: mz3z.
This helps mz3Viewer identifying compatible packages. This also allows linking mz3Viewer with this file type without creating conflicts with other programs supporting zip files.
But the extension can be changed to “zip”, and then unzipping the package with any program like 7Zip or winZIP is possible.
An mz3Viewer “mz3z-Package” can be used in different ways:
- Open the #mz3z file with the viewer
- Drag and drop the mz3z file onto the mz3Viewer icon
- Double-click on the mz3z file*
For the last two options as well as calling “Commands – Open in Viewer”, the mz3Viewer program must be linked with the file extension “.mz3z”. This usually is done during the installation process of mz3Viewer.
- Search function
- Thumbnail navigation
- Videos in the book, also on a double page
- 100th of setting options
- Support of SFW files