Once the package is built, two options are available:
- Open package in File Explorer / File Finder
All data can be uploaded “as is” to a server for publishing the book over the Internet to be viewed in every Browser
- Open the Package from the local disk via a local server in the default Browser.
For this, a local server like XAMPP must be installed and running.
Before publishing, you should check the status information presented above the Publish Button. The overview provides a summary of all used elements for a quick plausibility check:
- is the number of page images equal to the number of thumbnails?
- For a single Page Book: is the number of Page Images equal (single language) or n-times (n languages) the number of pages?
- For a double-page book: is the number of Page Images equal to half the number of (single) pages + 1?
- Are all languages listed?
- are all expected elements listed?
Here you see, that more Page Images than needed are available: 66 instead of 20.
This should be avoided so unused Page Images do not increase the Package SIze without providing any value.
This can be achieved in clicking the Button in the Manage Elements window.
The progress of the publishing process is displayed as usual in the status window. Depending on the size and content of the book, this may take a few seconds.
Open Package Folder .
The next step is uploading all the content of the package to the server (see Server Upload).
Usually, mz3Tool detects a XAMPP installation and sets the Publish Path accordingly and presents the Button.(see Local server for details).
- A working and running XAMPP Installation
- Publish Path set to xampp/htdocs
- Apache was started in the XAMPP Control Panel